Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings

Transformers for some reason got premiered LAST night at my theaters and of course I was there for the first viewing. After seeing the semi at Comic-Con 2 years ago I've had almost a constant Geek Erection for this film. Reading about all the changes and trivia over these past 2 years. From the debate over Peter Cullen as Optimus, to whether or not Bumblebee should be a VW. I was amped, I've gotta admit, but then I sat down.

SPOILERS

It starts out so good with the military scenes. The action, the visuals, everything just was fitting together and I started, STARTED I say, getting goosebumps. Then becomes the scene on Air Force One. The first moment we see Soundwave cracking his "knuckles". Then he covers his face, then there is Jazz in general. This movie had SUCH potential. Don't get me wrong, the action was good. The slapstick just cheapens everything.

Shia LeBouf was fantastic as Sam Witwicky, and Megan Fox was...well Megan Fox, so we got THAT going for us.

AXB Enterprises

Overall I give it a solid 7 out of 10. The slapstick lessened it's score. If they would have taken it and made it R for their Gen-X/Y audience it would have made me happier. The part that made me saddest about this film is that it's results are pivotal for the making of a G.I.Joe Live Action. About halfway through the scene at the Witwicky house I almost started to cry because if I ever see Snake Eyes Live Action they're gonna make him talk. I just know it.


Pownce Invites?

No comments: