Tuesday, January 8, 2008

G.I. Joe Updates DIRECTLY from Lorenzo di Bonaventura

IESB sat down with Lorenzo di Bonaventura recently to discuss the RAPIDLY evolving G.I. Joe live action film set for 2009. We've got a synopsis.

Just yesterday the announcement was made that Marlon Wayans would be in the film, and this upset me more than I could describe, so I didn't mention it. I feel a bit better after this discussion.

“IESB: Let's go to the most recent announcement that kind of surprised a lot of people. Wallace Weems, Ripcord, played by Marlon Wayans. Tell me that he nailed the audition because it's so out of the box here.

LDB: Well, let's talk about Marlon for a second. A lot of people are fans of his from the comedic point of view obviously for all the right reasons, but what I think everybody forgets about is how damn good he was in Requiem for a Dream as an actor.”


Somehow I forgot about "Ass to Ass" and his actual credibility. Also, discussions arose about the changes they've been alledgedly making.


“LDB: Well, I'm not going to spoil anything and that's a spoiler I think my friend (laughs) so let me say it this way…we are seeing a lot of G.I. Joe experts and we are content with following the information that we find.”


Casting rumors daily, and shooting beginning in 5 weeks. It's about time we got some SERIOUS character announcements.

“LDB: I would say within the next two weeks both Destro and Hawk will be cast…and I would say to you that there's already been an announcement of a guy we're in negotiations with who would play one of the villains…”


Dreadnoks???

“LDB: Zartan will be in the film.

IESB: Are we also two weeks away from knowing who is playing Zartan?

LDB: Zartan is probably within the next week, week and a half. We know who it is, we are just negotiating right now.”


We'll keep you updated on all casting announcements.

G.I.J.O.E???? Brussels???


“LDB: Ok, let me be really clear on this point. G.I. Joe headquarters in the comic book is based in the Pit. As in the comic book, you don't know where the location of the Pit is. So, the idea that it's based in Brussels is false, the idea that it is a European base or an international kind of organization is false. It is the G.I. Joe Organization.”



For the complete interview check out IESB

No comments: