Thursday, June 26, 2008

Top 3 Comic Books that NEED to be Movies

1. Preacher - written by Garth Ennis

AXB Enterprises

Hi, I'm Jesse Custer. I was possessed by the offspring of an Angel and a Demon. I can cause you to shove your head up your own ass just by telling you to. I'm joined by an Irish Vampire Alcoholic. Along my journey I will fight the Grim Reaper who just so happens to be an old west gunfighter. Did I mention Arseface?

Make this movie. Make it now.



2. Nth Man - written by Larry Hama

AXB Enterprises

Nth Man is a comic book about an American ninja in World War III. Challenge that premise alone. Russians, Muties, Clowns, and Ninjas. Plus written by Larry Hama and described by himself as his favorite work? Easy choice.



3. Marvel 1602 - written by Neil Gaiman

AXB Enterprises

Setting the Marvel Universe 400 years early was a stroke of genius by Gaiman. Putting all the characters we are used to in the Elizabethan era and situations of the time. Featuring Spiderman, the X-Men, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom, and everyone else you know and love. The imagery alone would be worth the price of admission, and the story could finally legitimize comic book movies with an Oscar (Not counting Dick Tracy).

No comments: